Hey everyone! Here are the latest tips and tricks of the week. Enjoy!
:: Free App- Store ‘Paid Applications’
The Guide to Getting it on your iPhone (for Free)
Hey all, Ravenizer here. The article that you have been waiting for. Getting Apps into the iPhone / iPod Touch is easy. The guide here is for Super Monkey Ball. Should you want to install another Application, just substitute that other App with Super Monkey Ball.
- You need to be on a Jailbroken 2.0 Firmware with Cydia installed. (If you use a Mac, use PwnageTool. If you are on Windows use WinPwn)
- Now install OpenSSH. Tap and launch Cydia. Once Cydia has launched, selectSections>Networking>OpenSSH. Once there, tap on Install>Confirm, (if you get a ‘Running out of Disk Space’ error, tap “Ok”) Then tap on Return to Cydia. Now press the Home button.
- Log into WinSCP or any other SSH tool (if you dont know how, watch this). The first time you try to login, you may encounter a Connection Timeout error. Click ‘Retry’ and it should work. If you still get an error, reboot your iPod Touch/iPhone and try again.
- Create a folder called Documents in /var/mobile/ and set the permission to 777 (0777 on WinSCP)
- Create a folder called Documents in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777. This will fix the Disk Full error message seen when launching the game. Do note that you will see a string of random letters and numbers suffixed to you Applications folder. Do not worry.
———Note: You will only need to create these two ‘Documents’ folders once———
- Now, download the cracked version of Super Monkey Ball from this link.
- Extract the folder to your desktop
- Copy the Monkey Ball.app folder into /Applications via SSH and set it to 755 (This should be 0775 on WinSCP. Also, if you are using WinSCP, you should select the “Set owner, group and permissions recursively” checkbox.)
- Reboot iPod Touch or iPhone
Yes people, that is all there is to installing an App. There is word however, that a special Cydia Repo is being built to house these Cracked Apps. Should this information ever become available to Infinitech, we will definitely put it up.
Here is a list of other apps that might interest you:
:: Free iPhone Ringtones
Always wanted to use that song as your ringtone on your new iPhone 3G?
Well now, a first on Infinitech.
We have found out that, by converting a .AAC file into .m4r , it changes the .AAC song into an iPhone Ringtone! How awesome is that? There’s no more need to go to Nakko.com and take 10 hours to register!!
So this is how we did it.
To get the instructions 🙂
sorry guys, the last link didn’t work as MobileMe is still having issues with its Public sharing folder. Thank You.